(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(形) As an adjective
(副) As an adverb
- Lacking compromising or mitigating elements; exact.
- Direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short.
- (of a current) flowing in one direction only.
- Straightforward in means or manner or behavior or language or action.
- Similar in nature or effect or relation to another quantity.
- Moving from west to east on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in the same direction as the Earth.
- Having no intervening persons, agents, conditions.
- In precisely the same words used by a writer or speaker.
- In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
- Being an immediate result or consequence.
(动) As a verb
- Plan and direct (a complex undertaking).
- Specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public.
- Command with authority.
- Give directions to; point somebody into a certain direction.
- Put an address on (an envelope).
- Intend (something) to move towards a certain goal.
- Point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards.
- Guide the actors in (plays and films).
- Lead, as in the performance of a composition.
- Direct the course; determine the direction of travelling.
- Chinese synonyms: 指挥, 指导, 引导
- Synonyms: channelise, channelize, guide, head, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, point, steer
- Cause to go somewhere.
- Chinese synonyms: 送, 派遣, 寄
- Synonyms: send
- Take somebody somewhere.
- Be in charge of.