(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(动) As a verb
- Come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes).
- Change the use of and make available or usable.
- Expand in the form of a series.
- Grow, progress, unfold, or evolve through a process of evolution, natural growth, differentiation, or a conducive environment.
- Cause to grow and differentiate in ways conforming to its natural development.
- Be gradually disclosed or unfolded; become manifest.
- Elaborate by the unfolding of a musical idea and by the working out of the rhythmic and harmonic changes in the theme.
- Become technologically advanced.
- Grow emotionally or mature.
- Gain through experience.
- Create by training and teaching.
- Elaborate, as of theories and hypotheses.
- Move into a strategically more advantageous position.
- Move one's pieces into strategically more advantageous positions.
- Superimpose a three-dimensional surface on a plane without stretching, in geometry.
- Generate gradually.
- Work out.
- Make something new, such as a product or a mental or artistic creation.
- Make visible by means of chemical solutions.
- Chinese synonyms: 冲洗, 使显影
- Come into existence; take on form or shape.