(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- Fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations.
- The act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it.
- A false identity and background (especially one created for an undercover agent).
- The protective covering on the front, back, and spine of a book.
- Bedding that keeps a person warm in bed.
- A recording of a song that was first recorded or made popular by somebody else.
- A covering that serves to conceal or shelter something.
- Covering for a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container).
- A natural object that covers or envelops.
- A fixed charge by a restaurant or nightclub over and above the charge for food and drink.
- Clothe, as if for protection from the elements.
- Sit on (eggs).
- Protect by insurance.
- Be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism.
- Maintain a check on; especially by patrolling.
- Act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression.
- Hold within range of an aimed firearm.
- Protect or defend (a position in a game).
- Be responsible for guarding an opponent in a game.
- Play a higher card than the one previously played.
- Form a cover over.
- Provide with a covering or cause to be covered.
- Put something on top of something else.
- Copulate with a female, used especially of horses.
- Cover as if with a shroud.
- Travel across or pass over.
- Spread over a surface to conceal or protect.
- Chinese synonyms: 覆盖, 覆, 掩饰
- Hide from view or knowledge.
- Be sufficient to meet, defray, or offset the charge or cost of.
- To take an action to protect against future problems.
- Help out by taking someone's place and temporarily assuming his responsibilities.
- Invest with a large or excessive amount of something.
- Include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory.
- Make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities.
- Provide for.
- Span an interval of distance, space or time.