(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- The activity of managing or exerting control over something.
- Regulation or maintenance of a function or action or reflex etc.
- A mechanism that controls the operation of a machine.
- Discipline in personal and social activities.
- Power to direct or determine.
- Great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity.
- A standard against which other conditions can be compared in a scientific experiment.
- The economic policy of controlling or limiting or curbing prices or wages etc..
- A spiritual agency that is assumed to assist the medium during a seance.
- A relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another.
- The state that exists when one person or group has power over another.
- Have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of.
- Be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something.
- Verify by using a duplicate register for comparison.
- Handle and cause to function.
- Control (others or oneself) or influence skillfully, usually to one's advantage.
- Exercise authoritative control or power over.
- Lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits.
- Chinese synonyms: 遏制, 束缚, 节制, 约束, 抑制, 控制, 克制
- Synonyms: check, contain, curb, hold, hold in, moderate
- Check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard.