(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A special assignment that is given to a person or group.
- Attention and management implying responsibility for safety.
- An impetuous rush toward someone or something.
- A quantity of explosive to be set off at one time.
- Heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield.
- A pleading describing some wrong or offense.
- An assertion that someone is guilty of a fault or offence.
- A formal statement of a command or injunction to do something.
- Request for payment of a debt.
- The swift release of a store of affective force.
- The libidinal energy invested in some idea or person or object.
- A person committed to your care.
- The quantity of unbalanced electricity in a body (either positive or negative) and construed as an excess or deficiency of electrons.
- The price charged for some article or service.
- Financial liabilities (such as a tax).
- Energize a battery by passing a current through it in the direction opposite to discharge.
- Cause formation of a net electrical charge in or on.
- Set or ask for a certain price.
- Attribute responsibility to.
- Instruct or command with authority.
- Instruct (a jury) about the law, its application, and the weighing of evidence.
- Impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to.
- Blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against.
- Make an accusatory claim.
- File a formal charge against.
- To make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle.
- Direct into a position for use.
- Fill or load to capacity.
- Provide (a device) with something necessary.
- Place a heraldic bearing on.
- Cause to be agitated, excited, or roused.
- Chinese synonyms: 激动, 使骚动
- Synonyms: agitate, charge up, commove, excite, rouse, turn on
- Antonyms: calm, calm down, lull, quiet, quieten, still, tranquilize, tranquillise, tranquillize
- Lie down on command, of hunting dogs.
- Move quickly and violently.
- Pay with a credit card; pay with plastic money; postpone payment by recording a purchase as a debt.
- Demand payment.
- Enter a certain amount as a charge.
- Give over to another for care or safekeeping.
- Cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution.
- Assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to.