(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A method of examining body organs by scanning them with X rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis.
- Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and no ability to roar: domestic cats; wildcats.
- Any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild.
- A large tracked vehicle that is propelled by two endless metal belts; frequently used for moving earth in construction and farm work.
- A whip with nine knotted cords.
- The leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea; has the effect of a euphoric stimulant.
- A spiteful woman gossip.
- An informal term for a youth or man.
- Eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth.
- Synonyms: barf, be sick, cast, chuck, disgorge, honk, puke, purge, regorge, regurgitate, retch, sick, spew, spue, throw up, upchuck, vomit, vomit up
- Antonyms: keep down
- Beat with a cat-o'-nine-tails.