(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- Forceful exhalation through the nose or mouth.
- A powerful stroke with the fist or a weapon.
- Street names for cocaine.
- An unpleasant or disappointing surprise.
- An impact (as from a collision).
- An unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating.
- A strong current of air.
- Exhale hard.
- Chinese synonyms: 喘气, 吹, 喘息
- Free of obstruction by blowing air through.
- Burst suddenly.
- Melt, break, or become otherwise unusable.
- Shape by blowing.
- Allow to regain its breath.
- Show off.
- Chinese synonyms: 自夸, 吹嘘, 夸口, 吹牛
- Synonyms: bluster, boast, brag, gas, gasconade, shoot a line, swash, tout, vaunt
- Cause to be revealed and jeopardized.
- Lay eggs.
- Leave; informal or rude.
- Be in motion due to some air or water current.
- Spout moist air from the blowhole.
- Cause to move by means of an air current.
- Cause air to go in, on, or through.
- Provide sexual gratification through oral stimulation.
- Play or sound a wind instrument.
- Chinese synonyms: 吹动, 吹奏, 吹
- Make a sound as if blown.
- Sound by having air expelled through a tube.
- Spend lavishly or wastefully on.
- Spend thoughtlessly; throw away.
- Make a mess of, destroy or ruin.
- Chinese synonyms: 搞糟, 搞坏, 破坏, 失误, 弄糟
- Synonyms: ball up, bobble, bodge, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, botch, botch up, bumble, bungle, flub, fluff, foul up, fuck up, fumble, louse up, mess up, mishandle, muck up, muff, screw up, spoil
- Be blowing or storming.