(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
- A plot of ground in which plants are growing.
- A foundation of earth or rock supporting a road or railroad track.
- The flat surface of a printing press on which the type form is laid in the last stage of producing a newspaper or magazine or book etc..
- Single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance.
- Chinese synonyms: 层
- Synonyms: layer
- A stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit.
- A depression forming the ground under a body of water.
- A stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock).
- Prepare for sleep.
- Chinese synonyms: 就寝, 睡觉
- Synonyms: crawl in, go to bed, go to sleep, hit the hay, hit the sack, kip down, retire, sack out, turn in
- Antonyms: arise, get up, rise, turn out, uprise
- Have sexual intercourse with.
- Synonyms: bang, be intimate, bonk, do it, eff, fuck, get it on, get laid, have a go at it, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, have sex, hump, jazz, know, lie with, love, make love, make out, roll in the hay, screw, sleep together, sleep with
- Put to bed.
- Place (plants) in a prepared bed of soil.
- Furnish with a bed.