(Sorted by part of speech, numbered word sense.
May need to scroll content.)
(名) As a noun
(动) As a verb
- Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
- A room or building equipped with one or more toilets.
- A plumbing fixture for defecation and urination.
- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
- Chinese synonyms: 臀部, 尾部, 臀, 后部, 屁股
- Synonyms: arse, ass, backside, behind, bottom, bum, buns, butt, buttocks, derriere, fanny, fundament, hind end, hindquarters, keister, nates, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, seat, stern, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush
- A buoy with a round bottom and conical top.
- The quantity contained in a can.
- Preserve in a can or tin.
- Terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position.
- Chinese synonyms: 遣散, 解雇, 开除
- Synonyms: dismiss, displace, fire, force out, give notice, give the axe, give the sack, sack, send away, terminate
- Antonyms: employ, engage, hire