|Part of Speech||(形) adjective|
- The young girl in the picture has a thoughtful and solemn mien.
- Indeed he has a solemn face, but he is very humorous at heart.
- He looked at her with a solemn expression.
- He gave his solemn promise to do better.
- The hollies in the garden make it look solemn.
- He felt more like laughing at the child's escapade than scolding him, but, solemn as an owl, he got through the necessary reprimand.
Sentence Navigation w/YellowTip
...or doubleclick on a word in the Chinese sentence to find other sentences with the same word.
YellowTip is enabled in the first
2 sentences. To enable in the rest, please sign-in.