|Part of Speech||(及物的动) transitive verb|
- This police officer's job is to detect fraud.
- I can detect laughter, sorrow, and many other obvious emotions.
- Children, like dogs, have so sharp a scent that they detect everything—the bad before all the rest.
- An instrument used to detect, measure, and determine the direction of small electric currents by means of mechanical effects produced by a coil in a magnetic field.
- The dogs were trained to detect the presence of explosives.
- The dentist could detect no decay in her teeth.
Sentence Navigation w/YellowTip
...or doubleclick on a word in the Chinese sentence to find other sentences with the same word.
YellowTip is enabled in the first
2 sentences. To enable in the rest, please sign-in.