dɪ'fɛkt [n]'diːfɛkt [v]dɪ'fɛkt
|Part of Speech||(名) noun, (动) verb, (不及物的动) intransitive verb|
- To be perfect she lacked just one defect.
- The new car had to be withdrawn from the market because of a mechanical defect.
- A defect in a legal document that can render it invalid.
- A crystal defect caused by the absence of an atom, an ion, or a molecule in a crystal lattice.
- A visual defect characterized by the inability to see as clearly in bright light as in dim light.
- A pathological condition of a part, an organ, or a system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.
Sentence Navigation w/YellowTip
...or doubleclick on a word in the Chinese sentence to find other sentences with the same word.
YellowTip is enabled in the first
2 sentences. To enable in the rest, please sign-in.