If you believe you have problem with our site, we'll do our best to help you. Before you contact us, please review the following instructions in order to resolve the problem most efficiently.
Please review our Technical Checklist and Diagnostics to make sure that you have all of the necessary software. Also make sure that your browser is up to date. If you do meet the technical requirements and have current browser software, then continue with the following instructions.
If a certain feature suddenly stopped working on your computer, please perform a few simple tests to determine whether the problem is caused by something in your browser, your computer or our servers. Please try the following steps in sequence, stopping when the problem is solved or the fault isolated.
- If the problem is that you cannot hear audio from our site, make sure that you can hear audio from other tools or websites.
- The first thing you should try is to hit the ↻ Reload/Refreh button of the page you are having problem with.
- To do so, first go to the desired page and then click on the ↻ Reload or Refresh button on the browser.
- If that doesn't do it, do a "force" reload/refresh, which usually involves a combination of keys that, unfortunately, varies widely with the specific browser, operating system, or device you are using. You can usually find the right key combination by searching for "force reload" or "force refresh" and the name of your browser.
- Restart your computer and try again. We know that this may sound condesceding but many users fail to try this and we have seen many problems disappear just by doing this.
- If your computer already has another browser installed (or you don't mind installing one), access the problem page from the other browser. (We do not expect you to change browsers forever. Knowing whether the problem only occurs on a particular browser is extremely helpful.)
- Similarly, if you have ready access to a different computer, please try the same thing on the other computer, preferably using the same browser. This will help determine whether the problem is caused by something in your computer or on our server. If it works on the second computer using the same browser, first try updating, then reinstalling the browser.
Reporting ErrorsIf after performing the above tests, you still believe you have found an error on our site, please write to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate the following:
- Name and version number of your operating system (e.g. Windows 8, Service pack 1…)
- Name a version number of your Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 9.1).
- What you expected to happen versus what actually happened, including the exact text of the error message, if any. Please provide as much detail as possible because if we can't replicate your problem, we can't fix it either.
- Sometimes the only way you really explains what is happening is by sending an image of the browser window.
- On Windows, do the following:
- To capture the current window, hold down ALT and hit Print Scrn. To capture the entire computer display, just press Print Scrn.
- Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and hit V into an image editing software, such as Windows Paint.
- Crop unneeded areas to reduce the file size ad save the file.
- On Mac, use the Preview tool. Follow the menu to File->Take Screen Shot
- On Windows, do the following:
- We normally do not need to know your IP address in order to investigate technical problems. If we do, we'll let you know. Your IP address is 22.214.171.124.
Subscriber Related Issues
If you have forgotten your user name or password, please use the Forgot your user name? or Forgot your password? links in the sign in page to retrieve your name or reset your password. If the password issued to you by Paypal or by our password reset page does not appear to work, it is almost certainly because you misinterpreted one of the password characters. Please use copy/paste to avoid any such possibilities. If you have other subscription related issues, please review our Login and Subscription FAQ. If you need to write us, please use the same e-mail that you listed on your My Account page so that we know that it is really you and indicate your user name.
Advertising Related Issues
This site is largely supported by advertising. We request our advertising networks to not display ads with self-playing audio, pop ups, or pop-unders as well as sexually suggestive ads on our site. Being a niche site with limited resources, we do not manually select nor ban specific ads because they change constantly and ads shown depend on your location and viewing history. Please refrain from writing to us complaining about specific ads as there won't be anything we can do about them. If you are a subscriber, please sign-in so that no advertising is shown. Please note that viewing our site with ad blocking tools is strictly prohibited by our Terms of Service.